Winter is, in my opinion, treacherous. I hate cold weather, I hate cold rain, I hate icy roads, I hate being cold, I hate looking out the window and it looking cold. Sheesh, it's just awful.
However, in an attempt to be a more positive person, I have compiled a list of 10 things that make winter a little better:
1. Cute winter clothes. There's nothing better than a great pair of boots, chic peacoat, or sexy sweater. I LOVE winter clothes. It's so much easier to make complete outfits than summer outfits. Scarves, hats, ear muffs, studded boots, leather jackets.. ahhh.. I can't get enough.
2. American Idol.... auditions. I never watch the whole show but I adore the auditions. They're hilarious and the raw talent that always shows up is so amazing. I've always dreamed of trying out... been waiting 10 seasons to work up the nerve. Eh, maybe next year.
3. Hot chocolate. With marshmallows. Yes ma'am.
4. Fireplaces. One of the best feelings in the world is curling up on the couch, reading a book, in front of the fireplace.
5. Legitimate call in excuses. If you call in to work on a nice summer day and say "cough cough, i'm sick" you're likely to get hung up on because they know you're on your way to the lake. If you call in when it's 27 degrees outside and say "cough cough, i'm sick" the likely reply you'll receive is "Aww, that's really going around. Get better!" Helllooo day laying in bed watching movies. (Not that I would EVER under any circumstances do this!)
6. Award season. Why I myself have never worn a red carpet gown and strutted my stuff for photographers... I feel as though my opinion about others ridiculous or perfect choices is extremely valid. It's red carpet days that i'm sure I should've been a stylist... Brittney Spears please call me, I COULD HELP YOU. You need it girl.
7. Snow days. Oh the anticipation of watching the news with the school closings at the bottom!
Tyler: "What are you doing sitting so close to the TV?" Me: "SHH! They're almost to the U's!" (For UALR of course).
8. Less hair washing/blow drying/straightening. Woke up late or do you simply not feel like messing with the rats nest that is your hair? Throw on a toboggan hat in a cute color or flower thing stuck on it and you're suddenly fabulous!
9. Benton Panther Basketball. My brothers are seniors this year and if I may say so myself they are awesome! Popcorn, airheads, bottled cokes, starburts, pickles (Laci), frito chili pies (Sarah)... we occasionally watch the game! Go Luke and Eddie!
10. Planning Spring Break/Summer getaways. All the googling, saving, day dreaming for the perfect vacation... be it big or small is always so fun. I've got a running list of places I want to visit, it grows longer every year. Italy, Australia, Jamaica, Beliz, Alaska, I could go on for days.. I guess i'll settle for daydreaming to pass the time on cold winter days until I become rich or a gypsy.
I hope everyone is having a great week! Bundle up!